Friday, January 21, 2011

Mariah Celeste


We are so happy to welcome our precious princess. She decided to make her debut in her own time...Looks like she will have a mind of her own, just like her brothers and sister. I am very happy she came 3 weeks before her due date, I was so miserably huge, as usual. The gestational diabetes did keep me on track with my weight gain which I am grateful for but it sure was hard to stay away from the carbs and sugars for 4 months.
So as for the details...My water broke at 6am on Thursday the 13th. Gary had been asking for weeks that I please not go into labor in the middle of the night again. I'd laugh and tell him I'd cross my legs until morning if I started. So, wish granted. I puttered around until 7 and then woke him at 7 so we could get the kids up and off to school. With all of my previous pregnancies my water would break and I wouldn't really have any labor pains for 3+ hours. So, this time I said I was going to take my time, shower, do my hair and makeup, shave my legs, get everything settled before I went to the hospital. So that's what I did...however, labor pains started within a half hour of my water breaking. I still didn't think a whole lot of it and just went on with the morning just pausing or sitting down with each contraction. I didn't really watch the clock either. So Gary got back from taking the kids to school about 8:30 and I told him we really needed to get to the hospital. I could hardly walk down the stairs. We got Andrew and Desi to the neighbors and got to the hospital just after 9. They got me into an out patient room. All of the 4 birthing rooms were full. The nurse got me hooked up to the monitors and checked me. I was already at a 9. WHAT!?!?!?!?! I've only been in labor 3 hours!!! I NEED AN EPIDURAL!!! Get that anaesthesiologist in here NOW!!! I did get the epidural. The anaesthesiologist said to me, "Let me know if you feel the urge to push." Yeah, right. Like I'd tell you to stop what you are doing so I can do this without the pain killer. It wasn't as effective due to the rush but it was better than the alternative. I pushed through 3 contractions and she was out. Start to finish just over 4 hours. Holy cow that was fast. She is beautiful and perfect. Healthy and strong.
My biggest fear was that with the diabetes she would be too big, with under developed lungs. Neither of which were the case. Yeah! She was 7 lb 11.5 oz 21 inches. She did have a little trouble getting her blood sugar up and keeping her self warm but that was regulated within the first day. She was on bili lights for a day for jaundice but I have had to do that with all of my winter babies. All is well, everyone is happy and healthy.

6 comments:

Leah said...

Okay, I can't believe they gave you an epidural at a 9!!! And I can't believe you went so fast. It would be so nice to have your water break each time, that is such a clear sign that you are in labor. I hope you didn't tear too bad, she is the perfect size.

She is simply beautiful. And how come you already look so great?!! I always look like death warmed over after giving birth. Everyone is growing up so fast and I can't believe how dark Spencer's hair is getting. Oh, where does the time go?!!

I am beyond happy for you guys. Thanks for posting.

AND PS--facebook, hu...you are one of "those"?!! We may just be the last hold out's on the planet, that makes me even more stubborn to not give in :) I wish you did email because that I am on every day. Oh, by the way I love the family pictures you put up. Beautiful family~

shellie said...

Now there is a bolton I haven't meat yet...that is not right. She is so beautiful!!I bet Desirae is so happy to have a sister. I hope you love your life in Vernal. We are looking to leave Kanab. Our house is on the market and we are waiting to sell before Clay starts applying for other BLM jobs. It might take awhile to sell so we are not in too big of hurry. I miss you and your family. So happy for you!!!!

Kinchai said...

wow! such a blessing!

You have a beautiful family. I am sure that keeping up with 3 now 4 kids will be a real treat! :)

It will be nice to trade stories. I myself have 2 kids (1 girl and 1 boy) and they both keep my days full together with my work. I really have a "full time job" hahaha.. but its fun and I love them to death :)

Visit My Blog

Kinchai said...

wahahaha.. I was wrong.. it was 4 now 5 kids.. wow! It must be fun in your house with fun kids... :)

hapi said...

Hi Lucky Me, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Anonymous said...

Lucky Me, Do you know that Forex Is Highest Paying Keyword in Google Adsense? Learn how to use Forex here: