Monday, December 22, 2008

Bolton Family Christmas Party

I am so far behind...This party was the 6th of this month. Our annual Bolton Family party was a huge success. There were many people that put in alot of time and energy to make it fun for everyone. Mom and dad arranged the whole thing. They made the food assignments and delegated all of the activities. I took care of the crafts to keep the kids occupied. They made jingle bell bracelets, candycanes, and a number of other creative things from the pipe cleaners, bells, and beads. They also wrote Santa letters. It was great to give the kids something to do besides run around and get into trouble. We then ate a delicious traditional dinner of Ham with all the trimmings. We followed that with the Nativity. All the kids got to participate. They always love this. The little ones are a bit clueless but I guess that just makes it a little more memorable. We followed that with a talent show. Karen did a great job producing it. Our family is maybe a little too willing to share our talents. Spencer played a solo "Up on the Housetops" on his guitar, and demonstrated dribbling moves with jared. He also sang "I am a Child of God" in portuguese with Gary & Benjamin. Gary did the Happiest Christmas Tree with Dave. That was a surprise to me. It was really funny to see both of their harry bellies singing and dancing. I danced. I guess I kind of enjoy the shock effect of it. I always like to hear the comments and surprise from people when they hear that I bellydance. After I finished Desi and Talya both wanted the "shakers" so they did a little dance too. They were so cute. There were a number of great talents and everyone really enjoyed seeing them performed. We then had family pictures taken and finished the night with a white elephant gift exchange. It was a great succes and a ton of fun. I love seeing family that we don't see very often and catching up with them. Thank you to each of you for being sucha great and supportive family. We really love you all and we cherish all the time we get to spend with you.

No comments: