Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bear Canyon Hike

After we got home from Vegas, Gary's parents stayed for a couple more days. We love having them visit and spending time with them. So, to break up the monotony we decided to drive up to Flaming Gorge and take a hike. Our family tried this same hike three years earlier when we were just visiting for a couple days. It was perfect weather for it. About 70 degrees with a slight breeze. It is 1 1/2 miles each way and fairly flat, just slight ups and downs. At the end is a fantastic overlook of the Gorge. It was well worth the hike. Gary carried Desi in the back pack in and I carried her out. I held Andrew's hand all the way in and Gary carried him on his shoulders and walked with him out. Spencer and Benjamin did great to keep up and they didn't complain once. We were able to climb up on some rock formations and investigate interesting things along the trail. Spencer found a pretty blue egg shell and all the boys carried out at least a few rocks. We love hiking. It is therapeutic for all of us to just get out in the fresh air and breath. I feel like I'm in a better mood when I'm outside, like life just slows down and I don't need to be in a hurry for anything. And when I'm more relaxed, everyone is happier. I can't wait to do it again.

1 comment:

Chris 'n Leah said...

NO COMPLAINING? I don't think I would have gotten out the driveway with out the first complaint coming my way.
It is so beautiful out there. I love all the beauty this world offers us. Looks like a great time!