Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pioneer Day Fun


I usually really enjoy Pioneer Day. This year however was different than any other. Gary and I were in Las Vegas Monday through Thursday. Desirae and Andrew were at our house with Grandma and Grandpa. Spencer and Benjamin stayed with Auntie Kate and Aunt Tamie. We checked out of hotel Thursday morning and drove 6 hours to Spanish Fork to pick up the boys. Luckily they were with their fantastic aunts and fun cousins and had been having a great time. We picked them up at a super-fun water park and drove the three hours home. We got home just as it was getting dark. So out we went to light fireworks. That was a big hit as always. All of the kids got glow-stick necklaces and bracelets and each of the boys got to help Daddy light some fireworks and then the little pyros danced in the flashing lights. Desirea, as usual, was above such silliness and just sat on Mom's lap watching the hooligans around her. Even without a parade or a pioneer meal of Jonny Cake and homemade butter it was still fun. Maybe I'll get my Jonny Cake fix for dinner later this week.



Our Dancing Pyros

2 comments:

Chris 'n Leah said...

Sounds like you are busy, busy, busy as usual! I love that last picture, too much fun!

Chris 'n Leah said...

Hey, if you ever do want your boys to "be arrested" just for fun and you are around Orem, I know that Austin would love to help you out! He is a super nice guy and really funny. I think he gets a big kick out of fake arresting people, especially kids. But he can only do it at his home on his off time. Let me know if you ever want me to hook you up! he, he, he